This is the visa of choice for foreigners who are retiring in the Philippines. Generally, you would be putting up a sum of 10,000 USD, either into a secured bank account, or towards a long term lease of a residence(25 years, and in exchange you get an indefinite stay with multiple entry privileges.

This vias is done in co-ordination with the Philippines Retirement Authority (PRA)

Other benefits include and exemption from a list of taxes, duties and fees, discounts from PRA accredited merchants, free assistance dealing with government agencies and entitlement to Philhealth benefits and privileges

    Get in touch for friendly advice

      Get in touch for friendly advice


      This is the Special investment Visa, and as its name denotes is a specialty visa for foreigners that will be investing in business in the Philippines. The minimum required amount is 75,000 USD and the applicant must be over 21 years of age. This visa is coordinated through the Bureau of Investments (BOI) as well as the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI).

      Though the initial capital is higher than considerable, there are several benefits such as not needing a work permit and there are breaks on custom, duties and taxes.

      The initial red tape might discourage some people, but once an SIRV is issued, it is good for as long as their investment subsists

      Tourist Visa

      A lot of people go no further than getting a tourist visa for their stay here. This is probably going to be satisfactory if you are going to be travelling in and out of the Philippines on a fairly regular basis. The upside is that it is very straightforward to do. Foreigners arriving from most counties automatically get a tourist visa on arrival, which is good for 30 days. If you stay longer than the prescribed period, then you have to visit a local immigration office before it expires and renewing for periods up to 6 months. The downside of course is that you have to repeat the bureaucratic process many times and pay a fee each time. Another downside is that you need to leave the country for one day before 3 years.

        Get in touch for friendly advice

          Get in touch for friendly advice

          13A Visa

          The 13A Is the non-quota immigrant visa, also known as the spousal visa or permanent residency visa. This visa can be issued to a spouse of a Filipino Citizen or their unmarried children under the age of 21.

          With this visa, you would do a one year probation period, which can be converted to full status if you follow all the guidelines.

          Additional benefits are unlimited entry/exit privileges, accessibility to Philhealth benefits and services, ability to be employed with special work permit, and reduced reporting requirements for the life of the visa(10 years)


          The Balikbayan program is a one year visa free stay for Filipinos who have been employed overseas, have Filipin ancestry or who are spouses or children of Filipinos. This stay can be extended for up to 3 years by application at a local immigration office.

          This visa is issued upon arrival at airports immigration check-in, and it is important to note that at the time of entry, spouses and children must be accompanied by the Filipino that their cvisa will be attached to

            Get in touch for friendly advice